Florida State Statute requires the Sheriff’s Office to serve all enforceable civil process. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office will serve the following process:

  • State Witness Subpoenas – Issued by the State Attorney’s Office or Public Defender’s Office
  • Writ of Garnishment/Government entity only
  • Writ of Replevin
  • Writ of Possession
  • Levy / Judgments
  • Child Custody Pick-Up orders
  • Denied Injunctions for protection against repeat violence
  • Ex-Parte Baker Act & Marchman Orders issued by the Court
  • Any other process issued by a government entity
  • Removal of persons who have unlawfully taken over property. "Squatter"(Not an eviction)

If you are a private citizen or an attorney and are in need of having a non-enforceable civil summons/subpoena served you will need to contact a Private Process Server.

To obtain a list of Private Process Servers, Click Here

If you have questions about these and any other civil actions, please be advised that Pinellas Sheriff’s Office personnel cannot dispense legal advice. However, here are answers to some of the more commonly asked questions.

Payment for Civil Process:

The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Court Processing Unit accepts the following forms of payment for services:

Check (in-state only)
Money Order
Cash (must be exact amount)
Credit Card (through GovPayNet with processing fee) use: PLC 8384

Payments can be made in person at the Court Processing Unit office:
14500 49th Street North, Suite 106
Clearwater, FL 33762

By mail:

Attention: Court Processing Unit
P.O. Drawer 2500
Largo, FL 33779 
Or online:

Button to Pay Now


If you have a question about a witness subpoena, please call 727-582-6242.

Questions about a case for which you are being subpoenaed should be directed to: 727-464-6090.

Again, the Sheriff’s Office is merely the issuing authority, and will have no knowledge about the case.


Removal of Persons Who Have Unlawfully Take Over Property. "Squatter" (Not an Eviction):

The Squatter Law applies to extreme and unique circumstances where someone has taken over your property without your permission. This process does not take the place of a normal landlord/tenant eviction and does not apply to businesses. If you believe you are a victim of a person(s) unlawfully taking over your property, and are entitled to have the occupants immediately removed, a deputy will respond to your residence and remove the occupants. Before this can happen, you will need to complete a complaint form, provide a copy of your identification, and pay a $90.00 fee. If requested, the deputy will stand by while you remove any items belonging to the occupants who were just removed. If the deputy stands by for an extended period, there may be an additional charge.

1. Print the form titled “Complaint to Remove Persons Unlawfully Occupying Residential Real Property, “Squatter” from this download link.

2. Go to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Court Processing Unit located at the Administrative Services Building (14500 49th Street N.) to have your paperwork processed.  Hours of operation are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. You will need to have your government issued identification and a $90.00 processing fee payable via cash, check, or credit card. If after hours, contact the Court Processing Unit at 727-582-6192. Once this is completed, a deputy will meet you and remove the occupants.


Landlord / Tenant Issues:

If you have a question about Landlord/Tenant Issues, Levy/Judgment, or Writ of Replevin, please call:


Please review the information on the website of the Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit Court, for Landlord/Tenant Forms to complete an eviction. This website has additional information on civil and small claims court actions.

Consult the Florida State Statutes on Landlord/Tenant matters on the web by going to www.leg.state.fl.us and clicking on “Laws”.


Levy Information:

Download the information for Execution of a Levy. The six-page packet includes two pages of information and four pages of forms required for this action. For more information, please call 727-582-6240.

New Levy Fillable Forms:

Instruction For Levy

Affidavit For Real Property Pursuant To F.S. § 56.27(4)(A)(B) AND (C)

Affidavit Of Levying Creditor's Review Of The Department Of State's Database (Personal Property) F.S. § 56.27(4)


Child Custody Pick-Up Orders:

After filing the proper paperwork at the Clerk’s Office, please bring the Order and $50.00 to the office. Please call 727-582-6242 prior to coming in.


Out of State Summons Service:

If you wish to have an out of state summons served, and you are not a government entity, you will need to contract with a Private Process Server, click here for a list (updated monthly).

Please mail to this address for U.S. mail service:

The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
Attention: Court Processing Unit
P.O. Drawer 2500
Largo, FL 33779

The amount of the check should be $44.00 for substitute service; if you require personal service, the check should be $54.00.

You will need to send two copies of everything to be served.

If using Federal Express or UPS for process of service requests, send to:

The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
Attention: Court Processing Unit
10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778

If you need to visit our physical location, park on the north side of the Administrative Services Building at this address:

Administrative Services Building
14500 49th Street North Suite 106
Clearwater, FL 33762


Baker Act or Marchman Orders:

For information pertaining to the issuance of a court ordered Baker Act or Marchman Act, please contact the Pinellas County Clerk of the Court Probate Division:

Clearwater Courthouse: 727-464-3092
St. Petersburg Courthouse: 727-582-7982

  • 24-097 Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, ...Narcotics Investigation
    24-096 Sergeant Jake Viano and...
    24-095 Detectives Investigate...Accidental Drowning
    24-094 Pinellas County Sheriff...Pedestrian/Bicycle Safety
    24-093 Detectives Investigate ...Death Investigation
    24-092 Major Accident Investig...MAIT Investigation
AGENCY VIDEOS Show all videos

Non Emergency Line: (727) 582-6200 | In an Emergency call 911ADA info