PINELLAS COUNTY - Applications are now being accepted for the next Sheriff’s Volunteer Patrol Academy. This volunteer opportunity gives citizens a rewarding opportunity to work side-by-side with Pinellas deputies.
Volunteer Patrol applicants must meet the following requirements:
* Must be a citizen of the United States and be a full-time or seasonal Pinellas County resident
* Be at least 25 years old
* Have a valid driver’s license
* Successfully complete a volunteer application
* Pass a background investigation
* Complete a training academy
* Be willing to volunteer at least 36 hours per quarter
* Previous law enforcement experience is not a requirement
The Sheriff’s Volunteer Patrol activities include: directing traffic, issuing parking tickets, assisting disabled motorists, participating in community events, and several other responsibilities.
For more information visit www.pcsoweb.com/volunteer-patrol or call Cpl. Goldberg with the North District Community Policing Unit at 727-582-6937. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Non Emergency Line: (727) 582-6200 | In an Emergency call 911ADA info