The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office encourages community involvement in the law enforcement process and allows reputable citizens, student interns, and law enforcement Explorer Scouts to ride as passenger observers in Sheriff’s Office vehicles for legitimate civic or educational reasons.
The follow persons are eligible to participate in the ride-along program:
- Members of special programs approved by the Sheriff, such as the Community Policing Institute, Leadership Pinellas or Neighborhood Watch association members.
- College or university law enforcement students engaged in research or fulfilling project or program requirements.
- Law enforcement officers from other jurisdictions.
- Persons who have completed the screening process for the position of Deputy Sheriff with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
- Students currently enrolled in the Southeastern Public Safety Institute’s (SEPSI) police academy program.
- Members of the print and electronic media (prior approval of the Public Information Officer is required).
If you meet the criteria listed above and desire to participate in the ride-along program, please contact one of the District Administrative Lieutenants for more details.
Central District (South of Gulf-to-Bay Blvd.) – 727-582-6109
North District (North of Gulf-to-Bay Blvd.) – 727-582-6902
*Once you have contacted the appropriate Admin Lieutenant, please click here to access the Patrol Ride-Along Program Application with an authorized password.