Non-Emergency: 727.582.6200

Programs and Services

There is a variety of programs and services offered by the Sheriff’s Office where you can learn more about protecting yourself, your family and your possessions. Register your alarm system, protect a disabled loved-one, volunteer, or give an at risk child a chance to succeed by participating in these programs.

Community Services – (727) 582-2222

Business Watch

Citizens Academy and Citizens Academy Alumni Association

Sheriffs Volunteer Patrol

Crime Viewer

Explorer Post #900

Fingerprinting for Employment

Home Security Assessments

Live Safe

Neighborhood Watch


Operation Lower The Boom

Operation Medicine Cabinet

Patrol Ride-Along Program


Police Athletic League (PAL)

Pinellas Project Child Safe

Project Lifesaver

Sheriff’s Advisory Board

Sheriff’s Alarm Registration Program (SHARP)

Speaker & Asset Request

Teen Driver Challenge

Vacation House Checks

Volunteers in Partnership (VIPs)

OMC Drop-Boxes

Operation Medicine Cabinet

Drop off your expired or unused medications during business hours at Operation Medicine Cabinet drop boxes located at two Sheriff’s Office locations:

The Sheriff’s Administration Building
10750 Ulmerton Rd.

The Sheriff’s North District Office at
737 Louden Avenue

More Information

When To Call

In Florida, simply dialing 9-1-1 in an emergency connects you to EMS, law enforcement, and the fire rescue.

The 9-1-1 system is for emergencies only – serious vehicle crashes, critical medical situations, crimes in progress, or fire.

Do not call 9-1-1 for non emergency transportation.

If you are unsure if your situation is a true emergency, officials recommend that you let the call taker determine if you need emergency help.


10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778

Mailing address:
PO Drawer 2500
Largo, FL 33779-2500

Phone: (727) 582-6200
Emergency: 9 1 1


E-mail addresses are public record under Florida Law and are not exempt from public-records requirements. If you do not want your e-mail address to be subject to being released pursuant to a public-records request do not send electronic mail to this entity.

Instead, contact this office by telephone or in writing, via the United States Postal Service.