Non-Emergency: 727.582.6200

Robbery/Homicide Unit

The following is a list of cases that are investigated by the Robbery/Homicide unit:

  • Homicides
  • Suspicious or unusual deaths
  • Suicide
  • Sexual Battery Investigations
  • Missing Persons
  • Attempt Murders
  • Shoot/Throw Deadly Missile
  • Stalking
  • Physical Abuse of the Elderly
  • Aggravated Battery/Assault cases
  • Kidnappings
  • Deaths
  • Bank Robberies
  • Commercial Robberies
  • Individual Robberies
  • Home Invasion Robberies
  • Car Jacking

To have an initial report taken call 582-6200 and select #1 from the menu to speak to the communications center, in order to have a Patrol Deputy respond to take the report.
If you are calling about an existing case that falls into a category listed above, please call 582-6200 and select #5 from the menu to speak with a representative who will assist you.

The unit supervisor can be reached by calling 582-6307.

If you would like to leave an anonymous tip, please call 1-800-873-8477 or visit

OMC Drop-Boxes

Operation Medicine Cabinet

Drop off your expired or unused medications during business hours at Operation Medicine Cabinet drop boxes located at two Sheriff’s Office locations:

The Sheriff’s Administration Building
10750 Ulmerton Rd.

The Sheriff’s North District Office at
737 Louden Avenue

More Information

When To Call

In Florida, simply dialing 9-1-1 in an emergency connects you to EMS, law enforcement, and the fire rescue.

The 9-1-1 system is for emergencies only – serious vehicle crashes, critical medical situations, crimes in progress, or fire.

Do not call 9-1-1 for non emergency transportation.

If you are unsure if your situation is a true emergency, officials recommend that you let the call taker determine if you need emergency help.


10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778

Mailing address:
PO Drawer 2500
Largo, FL 33779-2500

Phone: (727) 582-6200
Emergency: 9 1 1


E-mail addresses are public record under Florida Law and are not exempt from public-records requirements. If you do not want your e-mail address to be subject to being released pursuant to a public-records request do not send electronic mail to this entity.

Instead, contact this office by telephone or in writing, via the United States Postal Service.