Non-Emergency: 727.582.6200


The most devastating trend in drug investigation now is the illegal sale and abuse of prescription drugs. Reports in Pinellas County and around the state show the activity to be at epidemic proportions, crossing all economic, education, and demographic boundaries. The incidents of this crime have far outdistanced the powder and crack cocaine trend in our community from years ago.

The Pinellas Sheriff’s Office has joined forces with community groups like NOPE (Narcotics Overdose and Prevention Education) and other area law enforcement agencies to form a task force of criminal investigation and public education about the tragic consequences of prescription drug abuse.

If you have information on the theft or illegal sale of prescription drugs, you can remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers of Pinellas at 1-800-873-TIPS and possibly be eligible for a reward.

You can also submit a tip by clicking one of the the Crime/Drug tip links below.

OMC Drop-Boxes

Operation Medicine Cabinet

Drop off your expired or unused medications during business hours at Operation Medicine Cabinet drop boxes located at two Sheriff’s Office locations:

The Sheriff’s Administration Building
10750 Ulmerton Rd.

The Sheriff’s North District Office at
737 Louden Avenue

More Information

When To Call

In Florida, simply dialing 9-1-1 in an emergency connects you to EMS, law enforcement, and the fire rescue.

The 9-1-1 system is for emergencies only – serious vehicle crashes, critical medical situations, crimes in progress, or fire.

Do not call 9-1-1 for non emergency transportation.

If you are unsure if your situation is a true emergency, officials recommend that you let the call taker determine if you need emergency help.


10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778

Mailing address:
PO Drawer 2500
Largo, FL 33779-2500

Phone: (727) 582-6200
Emergency: 9 1 1


E-mail addresses are public record under Florida Law and are not exempt from public-records requirements. If you do not want your e-mail address to be subject to being released pursuant to a public-records request do not send electronic mail to this entity.

Instead, contact this office by telephone or in writing, via the United States Postal Service.