The Crimes Against Children Unit detectives are on duty from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To have an initial report taken call 582-6200 and select #1 from the menu to speak to the communications center, in order to have a Patrol Deputy respond to take the report.
If you are calling about an existing case that falls into a category listed below, please call 582-6200 and select #5 from the menu to speak with a representative who will assist you.
The following is a list of cases that are investigated by the Crimes Against Children Unit:
- Homicides of juvenile victims
- Suspicious or unusual deaths of juveniles
- Juvenile suicide
- Sexual Offenses involving juvenile victims including rape, incest and exploitation
- Missing Juveniles under suspicious circumstances
- Attempted Murder of juvenile victim
- Shoot/Throw Deadly Missile with juvenile victim
- Stalking of juvenile victims
- Aggravated Battery/Assault cases with juvenile victim
- Kidnappings/Abductions of juveniles
- Child Abuse involving great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement
- Parental Abductions
The unit supervisor can be reached by calling 582-6724.
Complaints of abuse or neglect of children can be made directly to:
The Florida Abuse Hotline
Toll free: 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-962-2873)
TDD (Telephone Device for the Deaf): 1-800-453-5145