Non-Emergency: 727.582.6200

Burglary and Pawn

The Burglary & Pawn Unit detectives are assigned to the North District Station and Central District Stations. They are responsible for conducting follow-up, felony investigations in the North, Middle and South end of Pinellas County.

Detectives can be reached during normal business hours between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

To have an initial report taken call (727) 582-6200 and select #1 from the menu to speak to the communications center, in order to have a Patrol Deputy respond to take the report.

The following is a list of cases that are investigated by the Burglary & Pawn Unit:

  • Burglary
  • Grand Theft
  • Dealing in Stolen Property
  • Jail Escapes/Erroneous Releases
  • Violation of Pawn Broker Act
  • Harassing Telephone Calls
  • Felony Animal Cruelty
  • Felony Criminal Mischief

The unit supervisors can be reached by calling the following numbers:

North District Station – (727) 582-6938
Central District Station – (727) 582-6390

OMC Drop-Boxes

Operation Medicine Cabinet

Drop off your expired or unused medications during business hours at Operation Medicine Cabinet drop boxes located at two Sheriff’s Office locations:

The Sheriff’s Administration Building
10750 Ulmerton Rd.

The Sheriff’s North District Office at
737 Louden Avenue

More Information

When To Call

In Florida, simply dialing 9-1-1 in an emergency connects you to EMS, law enforcement, and the fire rescue.

The 9-1-1 system is for emergencies only – serious vehicle crashes, critical medical situations, crimes in progress, or fire.

Do not call 9-1-1 for non emergency transportation.

If you are unsure if your situation is a true emergency, officials recommend that you let the call taker determine if you need emergency help.


10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778

Mailing address:
PO Drawer 2500
Largo, FL 33779-2500

Phone: (727) 582-6200
Emergency: 9 1 1


E-mail addresses are public record under Florida Law and are not exempt from public-records requirements. If you do not want your e-mail address to be subject to being released pursuant to a public-records request do not send electronic mail to this entity.

Instead, contact this office by telephone or in writing, via the United States Postal Service.