The Auto Theft & Arson Unit detectives can be reached during normal business hours between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
To have an initial report taken call (727) 582-6200 and select #1 from the menu to speak to the communications center, in order to have a Patrol Deputy respond to take the report.
The following is a list of cases that are investigated by the Auto Theft & Arson Unit:
- Motor Vehicle Theft
- Trailer & Vessel Theft
- Grand Theft Involving other types of Vehicles
- Chop Shops
- Fraudulent Applications for Titles
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Offenses
- Inspections of Salvage Yards, Towing companies, and Car Dealerships
- Suspicious or Intentionally set Fires
- Accidental Fires Involving Serious Injury
The unit supervisors can be reached by calling (727) 582-6236.