Non-Emergency: 727.582.6200

13-196 Detectives Investigate Walls Springs Park Observation Tower Fire

Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
Investigative Operations Bureau
-Arson and Auto Theft Unit
Patrol Operations Bureau

Palm Harbor Fire

Detectives assigned to the Arson and Auto Theft Unit continue to investigate the fire at the observation tower at Wall Springs Park. At this time, detectives say the fire appears to be suspicious in nature.

Deputies initially responded to the structure fire at about 7:39 a.m. on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.

The fire occurred at the observation tower at Wall Spring Park located at 3725 De Soto Boulevard in Palm Harbor.

Detectives have advised that they are continuing to actively work the case as a suspicious fire.

The investigation continues.

Anyone with information that may assist detectives in this investigation is asked to contact Detective Larry McLean of the Arson and Auto Theft Unit at 727-582-6200.

Comments are closed.

OMC Drop-Boxes

Operation Medicine Cabinet

Drop off your expired or unused medications during business hours at Operation Medicine Cabinet drop boxes located at two Sheriff’s Office locations:

The Sheriff’s Administration Building
10750 Ulmerton Rd.

The Sheriff’s North District Office at
737 Louden Avenue

More Information

When To Call

In Florida, simply dialing 9-1-1 in an emergency connects you to EMS, law enforcement, and the fire rescue.

The 9-1-1 system is for emergencies only – serious vehicle crashes, critical medical situations, crimes in progress, or fire.

Do not call 9-1-1 for non emergency transportation.

If you are unsure if your situation is a true emergency, officials recommend that you let the call taker determine if you need emergency help.


10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778

Mailing address:
PO Drawer 2500
Largo, FL 33779-2500

Phone: (727) 582-6200
Emergency: 9 1 1


E-mail addresses are public record under Florida Law and are not exempt from public-records requirements. If you do not want your e-mail address to be subject to being released pursuant to a public-records request do not send electronic mail to this entity.

Instead, contact this office by telephone or in writing, via the United States Postal Service.