Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
-Patrol Operations Bureau
-Arson & Auto Theft Unit
Joseph Phanphilathip – 10/10/81
What: An accidental structure fire in Lealman this morning injured one individual and killed the family cat
Where: 3560 55th Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL
When: Deputies received the call this morning (5/27/12) at approximately 8:00 a.m.
Deputies responded to a residential fire in Lealman this morning at approximately 8:00 a.m.
As fire rescue personnel extinguished the fire, deputies ensured the safety and well-being of the neighboring community.
One resident in the home (Joseph Phanphilathip) suffered 2nd degree burns to his body. He was brought to a local hospital and has since been released.
The family cat succumbed to injuries suffered from smoke inhalation.
It is estimated that the fire caused $50,000 in damage to the residence.
Investigations performed at the scene, led fire officials and detectives to believe the fire was caused by a citronella candle left burning on the back porch.