Non-Emergency: 727.582.6200

12-096 Apparent Drowning Of Woman At Ft. Desoto Park

Drowning Victim:

Michelle Dresser
DOB: 4/24/56
2346 Druid

What:  According to deputies, Ms. Dresser was observed to be floating and paddling in shallow water just after 11:00 a.m., Sunday, April 29, 2012. She was at the beach with some friends. Suddenly, the lifeguard saw her floating face down and ran to investigate – and found Dresser unresponsive. CPR was initiated.

Where:  The drowning occurred in the water off the North Beach picnic area of Ft. Desoto Park.

When:  The drowning occurred just after 11:00 a.m., Sunday, April 29, 2012.



Paramedics responded and Ms. Dresser was transported to Bayfront Medical Center where she later died.


The Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death.


At this point, deputies say there is no evidence of foul play.


The investigation continues.




Comments are closed.

OMC Drop-Boxes

Operation Medicine Cabinet

Drop off your expired or unused medications during business hours at Operation Medicine Cabinet drop boxes located at two Sheriff’s Office locations:

The Sheriff’s Administration Building
10750 Ulmerton Rd.

The Sheriff’s North District Office at
737 Louden Avenue

More Information

When To Call

In Florida, simply dialing 9-1-1 in an emergency connects you to EMS, law enforcement, and the fire rescue.

The 9-1-1 system is for emergencies only – serious vehicle crashes, critical medical situations, crimes in progress, or fire.

Do not call 9-1-1 for non emergency transportation.

If you are unsure if your situation is a true emergency, officials recommend that you let the call taker determine if you need emergency help.


10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778

Mailing address:
PO Drawer 2500
Largo, FL 33779-2500

Phone: (727) 582-6200
Emergency: 9 1 1


E-mail addresses are public record under Florida Law and are not exempt from public-records requirements. If you do not want your e-mail address to be subject to being released pursuant to a public-records request do not send electronic mail to this entity.

Instead, contact this office by telephone or in writing, via the United States Postal Service.